Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lock It Up

I left Tessa on the floor the other day with some toys and went into the other room to put a few items of clothes away. I was literally gone one minute. When I walked back in the living room, she was all the way across the room, pulling my phone charger out of the power strip. SCARY. Had she gotten the end of the cord in her mouth...
Needless to say, it's time to start babyproofing.
I'll have a fresh start when we move, so I plan on babyproofing from the beginning. So in looking for a baby gate on Amazon, I came across Babyproofing products.
Am I such an idiotic bad parent that I didn't realize I had to lock my TOILET?
Anything in your house you want to lock, you've got it.
Lock up your fridge. Your cabinets. Your drawers. Pad the corners of the tables, line all sharp edges with foam...
Doorknob covers (???), Hearth protectors, electric cord shorteners, outlet plugs, window guards, pole padding, flatscreen TV wall locks, stove knob covers, clear banister sheilds, stove knob covers, blind cord securing thingies, PLANT PROTECTOR NETS to keep your child from digging and eating dirt from potted plants, washer/dryer knob locks (so they don't accidentally lock themselves in the dryer and then turn it on), window lock LOCKS, mom and me safety bracelets (like handcuffs that you and your child wear so they can't wander more than 3 feet. great idea.), oh my god, the list is endless and the more i look, the more I feel like a completely incapable and careless mother.
I guess it's time to get to work.. by the time I've purchased afore-mentioned products, I'll be bankrupt.

1 comment:

  1. You may be bankrupt, but Tessa will be safe! Oh, and don't forget to take your Zanax so you wont have an anxiety attack whilst pondering the locks that you forgot to buy from Amazon...xxoo The Mother.

    ReplyDelete